Friday, November 25, 2016

kingst logic analyzer LA1002 review

I have always wanted a logic analyzer to make my tools collection complete. There is always china clone logic analyzer flooded the market and it is quit cheap also.

Especially the usbee series and salaea logic clone, they make cheap hardware which is compatible with original software. The review of these logic analyzer are relatively good since you cant argue with the price and it gets the things done.

Although the built is suck but the performance is ok, then it is good for hobbies work. Most of the time, we work on low frequency signal, so a simple signal sniff is good enough.

I have been loitering on baidu (china web browser) and I found one company that design their own logic analyzer and they started to build their reputation in logic analyzer field.

Official website: http://www.qdkingst.com/en

They do come out with a series of products with different capability:
LA5016 (500M/16CH)
LA2016 (200M/16CH)
LA1016 (100M/16CH)
LA1010 (100M/16CH)
LA1002 (24M/8CH) <- I choose this (cheap)

From the picture, you can see the plastic look plus a simple sticker on top the cover.
It come with usb cable and 8 wires ribbon cable,


For starter, it seem like they copying from saleae logic, as they are also using cypress mcu, same as the early version of saleae logic and usbee. (cant remember where I found this information)

Nevertheless, they grow out of the confinement and started to build their own design.

From the review from their website and forum, it seem like they are taking the customer seriously. So I had decided to give it a try.

Let look at the basic overview of the software

I use two channels for i2c analysing. Channel 0 and channel 2.


Then the selection of i2c channel assignment.


Set the trigger direction.

You can see the data received. (yes, i am sending 0, 1, ...9)

But,
maybe due to the cabling they provided or my mistake.
I saw some unwanted spikes.
Update: the pulse is generated by hardware, still have no idea why, saw the similar unwanted pulses in saleae logic.




Despite all, I am satisfy with the result.For debugging usage, it is handy as most products doesn't use very high speed signal bus, so it is suffice for most the conditions (even in product development work).

The software is easy to use and conveniently help you decode the signal to hexadecimal and a few other formats.

Conclusion is good to have. Update: I am using it for most of my projects, really a handy tool, must have.

Additional testing:
PWM signal: PIC18f - Dual PWM, sinusoidal PWMPIC18f - 10 bits PWM
I2C signal: Beaglebone Black I2C Verifying
UART signal: Beaglebone Black - UART


No comments:

Post a Comment